Thursday, May 1, 2008

What is the Holy Grail of Science?

"The creation of blood vessels is one of the holy grails of regenerative medicine "
Professor Julian ChaudhuriBath University

Talking about regeneration, it really gives me an idea of giving back life to people. Jst like how I got back my life, I really hope Ican give life to people too... In the tech news of BBC, I happen to chance upon two medical discovery- One of which is synthethic blood vessel and the other is Extra cellular tissue implant and growth. Talking about my future area of research, which is too earlyto catch a glimpse of... I would most likely endeavour upon the hopes of naotechnology to come up with some bio compatible material or medicine. By far, medicine has its impact manifested via the chemical way and very few medicine actually uses physical interations to weed out errors in our human system (probably with the exception of some chinese medicine). I really wish for that day to come, when I have enough say to make an impact to the scientific/medical arena.

Talking about my life, some celebrities shared the same sorrow as me:


Celebrities With EDs
Jane Fonda- You've seen her in movies and you may have seen her playing some sports. Others know her as an activist and some personally know her as a wife and a mother. In the 1970's she went public with her bulimiarexia. She had an ED for about 20 years!

Jamie-Lynn Sigler- Or to us she's Tony Soprano's daughter. She became a spokeswoman for ED men/women.Tracey Gold- She was an actress since she was four, doing soda commercials and working a role in Growing Pains. Not only did she have an ED but she ALSO had ADD.

Sally Field- Anybody remember her? She was the Flying Nun. No wonder she had an ED.

Carre Otis- If you dont know who she is, I suggest you start buying some better thinspiration magazines. Shes a top fashion model who's had an ED for nearly 17yrs.

Paula Abdul- For the non-American Idol fans, shes a singer and a dancer famous for her necklines and her skin-tight dresses. She had such an ED that she had a "food cop" patrolling her kitchen! I wish I had one of thoes! She used to exercise 4-5 times a day AND she does yoga. And you think YOU work hard to maintain your figure?

Victoria Beckham- Remember back to your Spice Girl phase... oh come on... admit it, we all went through the Spice Girls at one point. Victoria Beckham, or Posh Spice, told about her ED in her autobiography. As far as I can remember, she looked to be at an average weight to me. Shows what makeup can do to a person I guess.

Joan Rivers- Shes a hilarious commedienne, author, entrepreneur AND a mother. Talk about multi-tasking! Her ED developed after her husbands suicide. She delt with her problems by binging on cookies, entire cakes and gallons of ice cream. Shes now recovered.

The Barbi Twins- They were playboy playmates at one point. They were ana/mia both, and shared their insite as part of Body Image Awareness Week. They really do look like Barbies! I'll try to find a good picture of them for my thinspiration page.Whitney Houston- Publicly expressed her eating disorder when passing out at a concert. She should have taken her multvitamins.

Courtney Thorne-Smith- A former star of Ally McBeal, aparently she still has an eating disorder.

Yada yada yada.. The list goes on... but there seems toe no males... Am I a shame to my community? Hmmm... Something to ponder upon. Right now, I am gaining back my old Darren, the friendly, sociable YOMAN. Yes.. I will be back.

No comments: