Thursday, April 17, 2008

Busy week

Sorry for Missing in Action!!!




I was really too busy these days. Even Mom had to complain. I really toiled for my research work and also my tuition work.


I've spentThree Freaking Nights preparing notes on chemical and ionic equilibrium and at the same timeplaning out new experiments to try out.
I am actually very contented that I have such a golden opportunity to think creatively and design my own experimental parameters.
Why am I so busy even when my cell cultures are dead? The reason is in the question itself... REPEAT THE PROCESS!!!
But this time it is much more complicated. Intead of IFN-gamma batches, I will be dealing with a new vector anti-herceptin-2.
This woul mean that I've got 16 samples to look after,16 transfection, and my main task these days is to prepare and purify those DNA vectors that I need


Yah. Sounds simple. But Bloody Hell! It seems like DNA is like shying aways from me. Each time I do a digestion with restriction enzyme, I've got very little yield. I wonder wds wrong man?
What's more... I have to prepare media, reagents for ELISA, alliquote out Antibody standards, sampling, my cell passaging.... the list goes on. However, the highlight of this week would be the teaching of a new student attached to our department
Again, Dr ng is really nice to gie the honour to be a mentor... Furthermore, to someone older than me!haha. She is none other than Thian Thian! My first bio disciple! She is really friendly and very willing to learn. I love this kind of people!
This week also accounts for the spawning of my new lunch Kahkis. They are indeed a bunch of more approachable people since we are roughly in the same age group.
Also, just today, I joined Dr Ng, my supervisor, for lunch. Guess what? We talked about girls la! He look so studious but actually he has exquisite knowledge about relationship and courtship.
He said that uni is the best place and time to get a girlfriend, and he advised me never to get a girlfriend at the same workplace.


ok it is rather late and i need to catch up on my sleep. sweet dreams guys!

No comments: