Friday, April 18, 2008

I need something call consistency

Not that I doubt my skills.. but I am doubting artificial intelligents... Are computer and machine forever accurate? Why do I keep getting different results and error messages from the NanoDrop spectrophotometer. Today is a day of surprises. In the morning, when I tried to combine two of my linearize vector batch together, I found out that the remaining tube still contain some DNA..not some.. but quite a substantial amount. Haiz.. But I waste no time. Transfer here and there with EB buffer but I tried something new... I moved the whole thermomixer into the hood to use it to evaporate and concentrate my sample. Crazy nanodrop.. make me busy for nothing..

Then Doctor Ng gave me more trust when he passed me more of his sample for me to take care... Then I did something new again. I went to investigate the power Pen Strep--> an antibiotic. So I went to thaw out a 10ml alliquote. Just when I was about to use, I saw some yellow stuff at the bottom. So I went to ask Dr Niki for advice. Guess what, I ended up fishing more work to do. She asked me to open up a new bottle and make new alliquotes. Ok. But I enjoyed it. I am like occupying my time with more meaningful stuff!

I enjoyed lunch!... Some random pics...
Take a break:

No comments: