Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I feel great. I feel lucky. No, God blessed me!



Yesterday, I have arranged with Josephine to do some voluntary work at an Old Folk's home. I am really glad that we bot have the same idea! I can't wait for this Saturday man!



Today, is another milestone for my pre-career research life. I finally succeeded in my ELISA experiment to yield a nice standard curve! Wow.. Even Dr Ng praised me! I was damn happy ma! Harder than striking 4D!(exaggerating). Good, if I manage to maintain such consistency, my reslts can be used for his research papers and to help to Bio community to come up with a reliable and cost effective ELISA kit. Antibodies are expensive, needless to say, those ready made kits out there.. US$800 dollars each and not really that reliable.

Lovely! I am quite proud of myself today! I was able to command more trust from Doctor NG as he handed me more flask to take care and ask me to carry out more transfection!

I am really happy. Positive mood is what I seek to have each day. With that, I will definitely recover faster. Today, I had a good chat with my colleagues too! John and Cherie were like joking at each other's boobs. Cherie even asked me if want to drink milk... Damn x-rated man. Haha! Fun in the Lab!!!

I should have taken a photo of my ELISA plate... Damn nice gradient of colour intensity!















ELISA 2F- 08/04/2008
1st Well 2nd Well
0.4927 0.4621
0.5562 0.579
1.8878 2.0177
3.2924 3.554
3.9857 4
4 4
Negative Control
0.0738 0.0582



ok Food time:

Breakfast:Salmon bread
Snack:Muesli
lunch:Lor mee
Snack:Milo
Dinner:beef soup with rice + spinach+ broccoli
supper:soymilk with oats

No comments: