Friday, March 7, 2008

A decent day

I was actually battling hard with ED last night.

But today went even better! I was so proud of myself! Practically everything that went in to my mouth today landed in my tummy. One way road is an analogy!


I received a good wake up call from my mum this morning. The deceiving evil Darren was pounded hard. Initially I felt lousy, but then I quickly overcame the impertinence and took on the challenge. This is something that I have learnt in this new life:Give yourself a chance to prove your capability. If you can't succeed, there is always another oportunity... Hey not everyday is SUNDAY!


I started work dAMn early today... With a positive mood I chiong all the way... Wha I really love research. It keeps my brain thinking and my mind active. On the outside, it seems like a repititive chore, but actually a great deal of effort has to come from the individual because of planning, safety consideration, sterile practices, brainstorming, SOPs and sometimes, the mastery of improvision.


I was so relief that my transefected looks fine!So I happily gave my two day old Chinese Hamster Ovarian Cells (CHO) a new abode: The 24 well plate... Well it is a little cosier than the 6 well plates... Talking about this... I have to burn two Saturdays to come back to lab to take care of you cute little cells... make sure you do me good.... 1 freaking month of effort.


Well, I really enjoy my work here.. Though I am busy, I keep my mind occupied and I lear a lot of life lessons here.. Slowly, bit by bit, I am gaining back my Yomanism.

Me and Lina!

My Biological Safety Cabinet!
I must say my colleagues here are really nice people. They are very willing to teach and help. I love to joke with them and mess around with them.
Today's dinner was super filling. I did manage to finish my rice but with a scoop eaten by my mum. so technically, it wasn't finished :( Nevermind, I can and I will do it! Must tell myself that I am feeding cells, so I should feed myself well too!
Prof Yap once said to me, " Darren, I want to treat you as an adult. By that we assume that you knowhow to manage your life, seek balance in what ever you do. Being rash and passionate about studying doesn't impress me." Her words struck my heart...
Everyday, I make a new committment and I hope God will bless it!
Good night!
Food Diary:
Breakfast- Two pieces of bread with cheese+ a cup of choc milk
Snack- oats and milk
Lunch-Fish BeeHoon soup
Snack-Quaker's granola ball tidbits
Dinner-Fish+Ham+Braised peanuts+ cauliflower/cabbage+rice+ soup
Supper-a piece of bread with jam+ yogurt

No comments: