Friday, March 21, 2008

Retail therapy...

With things like mesotherapy on the ban.... I think that the only thing that is viable now is... RETAIL THERAPY! haha. No man. I didn't really live up to that word. ButI spent a good deal of time today, cultivating patience, doing something that I would not have done in the past. That is what I called mindless shopping.


It was a really daring attempt for someone like me to drag me feet along, not exercising, taking time to appreciate the scenery, the crowd and the plethora of fashion goods.


Ok, my morning started with the papers as usual. However, today, it was slightly different. After my read, I went on to teach my sister. WOW. The feeling is great. I have hardly the opportunity to interact this close with my sis nowadays. Last time we used to be very close. But now, due to our busy schedule and due to my crazy self (which I am definitely recovering), we hardly have the time to chat, play and to gossip. However, I want her to know that in my heart, I still love her as much as I do as in the past. Believe it anot, we never once quarrelled before. That ishow solid our relationship is. We are so used to giving and taking, helping one another, shielding each other from the scathing remarks from our MUM! haha... It was really great to rekindle this wonderful relationship again. I hope that from my guidance in her studies, not only will she excel academically, but also become more confident and mentally prepared, not forgetting that these few sessions will definitely improve our relationship.


After the teaching session, I have a date with mum for grocery shopping. Something good happened during lunch. I had a gastronomic appetite, something that hasn't struck me for very long. When I say appetite, I mean having to eat without feeling guilty. I actually called for $5 worth of beef noodle (Generous serving of beef) and then shared a rojak with mum. I also tried a mouthful of Char Kuay Teow from mum. It was a brave attempt for me. It all tasted so fulfilling that I don't feel guilty at all. Furthermore, I feel that there is still some room in my tummy! ok. It is groceries time and I went to help my mum to carry some of them. Yes, this time we really bought full cream milk.


In the afternoon, I went to meet my army friend, who used to be my colleague in 3 Sig. This fellow officer ( like me, a platoon commander), is a damn nice guy. He is really a man of integrity and he really mean what he speaks. Alvin really knows how to give lame jokes and knows when to be serious. LTA F M FU, watch your front! We had a good time walking around and he also treated me subway! We went hunting for snacks and also traded ideas on what to give as a present for my Dad. Oh yes, we also have a plan in mind to go Taiwan (bagpack) durig July. Anyone interested can phone me @ 82286121. We will make sure you spend SGD $1000 there.
We pass by this shop called CHARLOTTE.
How the hell do you pronounce that? Char-Lor-Tee??? Fried bread? Haha we just trying to be lame la. See, I am trying to increase my lameness level.
At Suntec, we were throbbed by a massive throng of young people,screaming and yelling. It was quite a distubing scence. A closer look tells me that someone special is here because everyone is holdingout his or her cam. I did likewise but I was too short. So I hel my cam as high as possible and took a random shot. But I still don't get it. I was damn curious and soI asked a girl standing next to me.
"Hey what goin on?", I asked.
"TWINS!!!!! TWEEEEEEEEEEENS! Do you know Twins are here! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" she yelled at me.
Crazy girls.
I will scream even louder for the day when Jesus come down to Firma Terra again.
Very quickly, It was 545pm.. OOPS... I am late for my class appointment. ok.. So I better leave for raffles place.
18/03 has always been a darling to me. I come to love these bunch of people more and more, even after our schooling years in JC, we still very much keep in contact with one another. The most touching moment was when each one of them came to visit me during my stay in SGH. Even Shera, the busiest girl, came. I love 18/03, that is why I am out there with them to celebrate our belated class birthday. We went to lau par sat to settle our dinner and then head onto pit stop Cafe- A place to relx and playboard game. Again, another huge challenge. I used to equate board games to "bored" games. I can't sit still so this is definitely goingto test my patience. I survived! Not only that, I was complaining when my mum called to say that they are coming to pick me up. I was actually so immersed in the games! ok.. I told myself, it is the interaction that matters the most. 18/03 rocks!
Kinda wasted, because actually someone that I was hoping could come did not appear. Nevermind, there is always another day!
Ok it is pretty late now... or rather early in the morning. Still have to rise and shine soon. so I will end here with my food dairy...
Breakfast: Eggs, 2 slices of bread and luncheon meat(with cheese)
Snack: milk
Lunch: Beef noodles soup+ rojak
Snack: pancake+soy milk
snack(ii):Subway mini tuna sub
Dinner: Ban Mee and satay(5 sticks)
Supper: Milk with weetbix

No comments: