Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thought it was easy....

Wha.. Another rainy day! How come the sky's cryin? I put on my cucumber football club jersy and wore it to work...--> "YO, 69." says my shirt! Haha.. but it was overly sized. It makes me remember of the 93Kg Darren(yoman) wearing it. Now apparently, I can squeeze two of myself into it. Notice I attracted much attention along my way to work because of the shirt (or is it the number?) But today I was a little late... So the train was like super squeezy.



I went to my office with a light heart, thinking that I will have little work to do today.. Seriously, there isn't much jod at hand for today. So I went office and then I suddenly remembered that our printer had a problem yesterday. So I called soon keat to help. Then Dr Ng called upon me to ask me to change the costing sheet into sing dollars. Ok. That shouldn't be a problem. I went to level 3 lab to settle my topping up of culture media and I was so relief to see the cells thriving on the 24 well plate. While waiting for the media to warm up, I went to take a video of my overnight Gel. Wha.. The results are damn bizzare la! I really can't interpret. Dr Ng said it may be due to the enzyme being bounded to the DNA, causng precipitation. He told me that it is going nowhere man..so shelve the digestion aside! I went around the lab, clearing waste and refilling BSC pipettes. Going around to say hi to people reallybrighten up my morning.

After my top-up was done, I went back to office again and there, Dr Ng gave me new tasks. We analysed the result for yesterday's ELISA and then he gave me another experiment. So I have to amend my protocol. He then commented that my expt will waste too much solutions... So again I have to amend. On top of that, he ask me to run another side experiment to act as a couter check to themain one. So I have to AMEND my protocol AGAIN. Wha... from3 pages to 5 page and then to 8 pages. Oh yes.. He told me the data that I gave him yesterday was not well presented. So I went to make my results so elaborate and I even plotted a graph, do some statistics and draw pictures.

On top of that, I 've got to keep track of the consumables at level 3 Bioreactor Lab, which seemed to come in drips and drabs. oh no... this is getting out of hand! I've got ameeting at 430pm. Looks like time is running out. Eventually, I don't even have time to attend the meeting because I have to prepare my antibody solution and incubate my plate+strip overnight.

515pm: I was doing my Lab duties, cleaning bottlesand emptying waste. Just then, the autoclave technician came and was confronting me on the usage of autoclave. He kept bragging about his knowledge about the machine and its proper handling. Can't you see that I am busy!!! Eventually, I told him to shut up (in a nice way) as I still have to put those bottle in the oven and I have to top up with MiliQ water... Oh please! the MiliQ tap takes for ever to drip those precious drops of ultra purified,deionised water with 18.5Mohm resistence. wha....

Finally, it is time to report to Dr Ng my progress and tata! Time to knock off.....

WHAT A DAY!!!

Luckily, dinner was great and fiery! Wha.. It gave me the umph! Beef soup, prepared by my mum.certainly takes lots of skill to cook that! after dinner, something bad happened. When was trying my bestto reccount my daily affair with my parents, they don't seemedto be very interested. Then why in the first place ask me to talk to them? I find this very mechanical. It is not family bonding at all! It was like paying me to give a talk or something. even so, is it very difficult to get interested? If it is not interesting, then please ask me not to talk. I am like talking to the bloody wall. A happy, fulfilling day ismeant to be shared and expressed emotionally. But it all seemed like a drag to them to have to open their ears to get some "empathy". So apathetic! Its ok. after throwing a fuss about that, I then realise that it is just a small matter. Nothing to be angry about. What if I put myself in their shoes? Hey actually they put in so much effort already. Besides, what I speak of are of techniccal jargons and alien scientific language which would not make a single sense if they find them interesting. haha... Hey Darren! Ma & Pa still loves you!

Yeah! Then I quicklyask for forgiveness and then I went to give mum a good massage. Hee hee. Where's mine? I want my massage too! haha. recently sit too long infront of computers, fume hoods and machines. Really very different from the compulsive exercise era. Wha. what an astronomical change...

Ok Darren... Stars for you. good job and keep it up. Please your future is yours to make.
Good night

No comments: