Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wha.... Yet another exciting day ahead!

Hey.. I slept pretty late last night. Very reluctant to hear the alarm.. but nothing is further from the truth... I look forward to this new day! Breakfast was cool! I managed it nicely with no ED thoughts at all! I am sure the sardine and waffles landed nicely in my tummy.

Pop goes the sweet and I am off for work. DID I MENTION SWEET?!? what!!! First time since a long long time I am touching actually sugary sweets. In fact, I found out something- They taste nicer and last longer.. Serious!

I've promised someone to put on more muscle... so that I can protect her la.. So still carbo intake must be there.. But I will try my best to achieve a very balanced diet.

When I reached office, I realised that my phone has no battery at all... Wha this phone is a batt drainer. Think I will service it soon. It is a new phone lei!

After opening my office email, I had a pleasant surprise.... I was complimented by my Supervisor, Dr Ng!!! wha damn happy.. This is what he wrote:

"Good job. For the digestion, you can go ahead to order the enzyme and try your plan. The only change I would suggest is to add in the enzymes in batches, e.g. 0.5 to 1 U per ug DNA per hour for 4 h. I have read the insert and it seems that the enzyme does not do well for single cut site [which is what we have], cuts quickly, and probably also deactivate quickly (min units to cut 1 ug DNA for 16 h incubation is also 1 U). The insert also does not recommend over-digestion or over-incubation. You can try this using one of the partially digested vector first. So if you have some leftover enzyme and if it is enough for one vector, then we should try this first before buying a new tube.

One more thing I remember… you need to take care of the cells you previously transfected as well. So if you have not done so, please remember to top up 1 ml –HT media for the 24 well plate that you have tomorrow morning… Can you also help to type out or draw out the procedure to culture transfected cells which I have gone through during last week’s meeting ?

Thanks,
Say Kong"

Yeah! Responsibility! haha.... But then when I emailed Christine about NUS, she don't seem too happy. Hmmm.. life has its ups and down.. Well.. I am movin on! Ok... Gotta top up media and do a cell passaging. Later meeting at 230pm... Hurry hurry!
Haha... enjoy your day folks.. Just like me!

2 comments:

Neo Mei Lin (Dr.) said...

Yo man! it's nice meeting you around town... yeah, Singapore is damn small la... haha... oopz.. I look sleepy wor?? haha...

anyway, take cares! i think your new job sounds really cool... :D

Anonymous said...

darren!
Looking forward to your blog.
I used to vist your old blog but it used to be so rock/punk and the colours were rather black...didnt really like the desgin.
This new blog is so bright and lively, really a new start to another chapter of your life.
:)