Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A revisit to my past....




















Hey.

"I am an officer of the Singapore Armed Forces.





My duty is to lead, to excel and to overcome.





I lead my man by example.





I answer for their training, morale and discipline.





I must excel in everything that I do.





I serve with pride, honour and integrity.





I will overcome adversity with courage, fortitude and determination.





I dedicate my Life to Singapore!"










I hope my memory doesn't fail me!
Yeah reciting this really gives me a sense of pride and a sense of achievement.

But I must say I haven't really live up to this creed.... I have to determination... but I went the wrong way. However, the Darren now is stronger than the disease. I have the power to overcome ok!










I must overcome!!! I am no longer a child. I told my pastor. I am a soldier for Christ. To evil we fight! I love the life now.. a working life, a normal life. I cherish my life now, my lovely family, my great friends and a bunch of fun loving colleagues!














<-- I can do it!








Trust me guys... I wont give up. I will continue to put up a brave front. Do expect the Yoman to be back! haha!




































Cool man :P








What happened today.. Let me continue.. Yes, I ran two concurrent experiment and also did my duty! I learnt how to autoclave and I even refill pipette tips today. See Jye was doing the ELISA expt with me today... He is really damn cute la. Although he loves to brag a lot, he is actually quite nice to me. I think I will suffer without his help. Also, I guess Janice really helped me a lot with teaching me and guiding me with the duties. She is really damn nice man. Actually, having duties gives me a sense of belonging to BTI and gave me some sense of responsibility. I feel good. I felt that I am being respected as a staff of A*STAR. I like the treatment here. Trust me. I will spread yomanism in BTI. Everyday, I meet new people. Today I met John at level 4 EE Lab and he was like commenting " Darren Darren,you are always smiling. Frankly speaking, I am envious of your smiles..." Haha. In fact that is what I want... I want to lead a happy life... I don't really care about my $1200-CPF(20%) pay now... what is more important is that I enjoyed what I am doing now and imbibing the hard and soft skills of a true researcher...




Wha today I work OT lei... where's my remuneration? I feel satisfied with my work today although I didn't get the results I wanted... My readings for Elisa was too high. Yeah.. the blue colouration appeared quite unexpectedly fast...




Wow! I love research man. Ya, I have learnt to accept failure as part of a learning process! Dr Ng said, 99% of the time, you won't get what you want but always make the best out of every trail. When things go wrong, try to adapt to the situation.




Dinner was great tonight! I love the rice that mum cooked tonight. It was full of fragrance and full of steaming LOVE. Passionate & scrumptious gralic rice, topped with cabbage with bean skin and a bowl of siew mai with mushroom! LOVE MY MUM'S COOKING!
Hey, I am a good cook too!!!






Ok man!







It is all good so far. Continue to press on Darren!!! YOMAN!

No comments: