Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wierd

All I can say is that today just feels wierd. Just wierd. I woke up with no aim in mind again. Very sad.

---I just discovered that my phone is failing me. The receiving party don't seem to be able to hear what I have said. This is totaly annoying. This phone is not even a full month old yet, it is giving me a hell lot of problem and even went through a single servicing. This proves a conjecture: The more versatile your phone is, the more compromise is given onto a phone's basic function- to make a call. Yeah. Nowadays, it is hard not to see a phone that has an integrated camera, that can play music, serve the net and play java games. What about the calling function? why is everyone neglecting that? Maybe in this modern society, the mundanes are being overlooked while the flamboyants are being underscored. Tragic.

Today's news is a long read. I was particularly captivated by the section on stem cell research. Is there a future for Singapore in it? I think very much so. Singapore can never almost never innovate something but is very capable of optimizing processes and procedures. Singapore can never be at the crest of the technological tide but we can always fall upon to improve on other people's idea. Stem cell researcg is actually quite a few decades old of reach arena. However, the promises that it could bring to the society hasn't quite materialise yet. Why? I must say stem cells research is a ethically sensitive realm of science. We are playing God; We are manupilating life. However, there are merits which deserves our attention. Things like Organ growth and even recreating tissues that are non-regeneratable. Our only wish is that these grand ideas don't fall ino the wrong hands, especially the monopoies of the world.

Hey, are we trying to boast that we are able to decide how we should live and what can be done to attain longevity? I really don't know. If we can live and relive a life again and again with the same soul but the flesh keeps regenerating through transplant, then what is death? Could it be a term of history? Then is there a God that decides how long we should live. Wow. Huge questions.

Back to Singapore: Singapore certainly has her forte of promoting other people's idea into one that is more complex but at the same time, more attractive. A country thriving on meritocracy would mean that efficiency is of prime importance. A dedicated workforce is what we have and we also have an influx of foreign talent.This truely makes Singapore a pronounced Biomedical hub. Already, Singapore is a reknown medical hub. So if we were to integrate stem cells to the medical faculty, we shall just have to enjoy the benefits of this confluence of different research arenas.

Ok whats more... The Dalai Lama. He is really a interesting figure. Up till know I am still wary of who is speaking the truth- Beijing or Dalai? Anyhow, please stop the violence.

Lovely, I've received an invitation from Mun Pun to take lunch with him and Marcus, and then study at Marcus's club later. I suddenly feel that I really want to study again! So I took my books and placed it in my bags. However, I did one extra stuff. I sneaked an extra pair of pants and undergarment so as to prepare myself for some unexpected activity. sort of expected it actually. My brain did entertained the thought of swimming. So before I studied with them, I told marcus that I am going for a swim. He said, "Sure, but don't overdo it!" Wait.. I told myself... Is this a compulsion or just a wanting to soothen my body before studying? Nevermind. Don't think so much. So I went into the pool for some skin deeping and found myself swimming a few laps. After 15 minutes, I told myself "Darren, not too much... Remember...." Then I stopped immediately. I was just really curious- This 15mins of activity is really nothing to me. It doesn't satisfy a compusion and I was able to stop it. Hmmm is this a good or bad thing.

When I reached home, the horror was revealed. It was actually a bad thing. Mymum actually noted that one pair of pants went missing. So she questioned me as soon as I stepped in. I can't answer or rather, I dare not answer. I want to tell her that it is not a compulsion.But trying to explain is useless. In the first place, I should think about my future. Come on, just a little more effort DARREN. ok. I tell myself please give yourself a chance to really rest. Please. Just a few more blood tests. Why don't you look atthe long term. But I tell you it is kind of hard. How can I just laze around and being sedentary? At least let me move about after some kind of inactivity, like tudying or reading, chatting? Swimming doesn't burn much calories (and it is only 15 mins).

Hmmm, guess I have to learn how to balance it again. But for now.. no more pleasing myself. Let me rest.
Thanks.


4am? Music please:




Food dairy:

Breakfast: One slice of multigrain Bread with peanut butter and jam. + Salmon with eggs

Snack: Muesli and Milk

Lunch: Char Siew wanton Mee($4) + herbal tea

Snack: Soy milk and milk + 1/2 a MrBEan pancake

Dinner: --Delayed telecast--

No comments: